A lot of people think that in order to get quality, you have to spend a lot of money. But, this isn’t always necessarily the case. For instance, you can get a lot of great bedding sets that are soft, comfortable, and durable, and you can get them priced between $50 and $100.
Tips for Buying Bedding on a Budget
Before you go out and buy new bedding, you should know what to look for. A lot of us get into the habit of just picking up whatever is on sale for the best price. But, this isn’t always the best thing to do, because we end up with cheap quality bedding that will need to be replaced again in a few months.
Even though you are on a budget, It is better to spend a little bit more, without breaking the bank, to ensure that you get quality bedding that is going to last. Remember, buying quality bedding on a budget doesn’t just mean that it is inexpensive initially.
You need to find the right blend, something that is in a price you can afford and that is high quality. Here are some things to look for in a sheet set.
- High Thread Count – The higher the thread count, the higher quality your sheets are going to be. Typically, cheaper sheets have about a 200 thread count, while their more expensive counterparts have a thread count higher than 500.
- Size – If you have a queen size mattress, but you don’t want to buy the more expensive queen size sheets, opt for a full size flat sheet, which will fit on a queen size bed without a lot of overhang. Keep in mind that if you buy a complete set, the fitted sheet will not fit the queen size mattress.
- Fiber – Look for sheets made with wrinkle resistant, durable fibers. Among the most popular are cotton, bamboo, silk, polyester, and polyester microfiber (which is more durable than cotton and just as comfortable). All of these fabrics wick moisture from the skin, and are hypoallergenic.
- Deep Pockets – If you have, or are considering buying a pillow top mattress, make sure that you buy deep pocket sheet sets. Regular fitted sheets are not deep enough to fit over this type of mattress, or one that has mattress topper.
Best Sheets on a Budget Reviews
If you are the type of person to buy any old sheet set that is on sale, it is time to stop. You need to have sheets that are durable, comfortable, and that will help you breathe easier at night. To help you get started on your search for the best sheets on a budget, here are reviews of five of our favorite sheet sets.
Southshore Fine Linens 6 Piece Set:
This is a set of microfiber sheets that have extra-deep pockets for any pillow top mattress. You can easily put these sheets on a mattress that is 19 inches deep. Most deep pocket sheet sets only fit mattresses up to 16 or 17 inches deep. Even the twin size set will fit 19-inch deep mattresses, and the fitted sheet has elastic all the way around for a snug fit.
- The fabric is double brushed on one side, and single brushed on the reverse side. This makes these sheets and pillow cases extra-soft and comfortable.
- Most sheet sets have four pieces. With this set, you get more. There is a fitted sheet, one flat sheet, and four oversized pillow cases (except the twin set, which only has two pillow cases).
- The fitted sheet is so deep that it will not only fit deep pocket mattresses, but it will also cover any additional mattress toppers you may have on your mattress.
- Shown in twin, this set is also available in full, queen, king, and California king sizes. It has 21-inch deep pockets, so they will fit onto any pillow top mattress.
- Colors – Shown here in white, this six-piece sheet set is available in a variety of colors to go with any bedroom décor.
- Thread Count – Microfiber is different than regular thread count, but you can compare this fabric to sheets with a thread count of 800.
- Comfort – These sheets are just right for most people. They are soft, but not too hot like flannel or too slippery like silk.
Lavish Home Embossed Sheet Set, Navy, Full:
This sheet set is made from 100 percent polyester brushed microfiber, gsm 90. It is soft and comfortable, not to mention lightweight and cooling. But, it is not so fine that it is going to fall apart within a few months. You get a quality sheet set that is going to last for a few years, at a price that isn’t going to break your budget.
- This imported sheet set comes with four pieces: a fully elasticised fitted sheet, one flat sheet, and two pillow cases.
- The fitted sheet will fit over deep pocket mattresses up to 15 inches deep. Because it is elasticised all the way around, you are guaranteed to have a snug fit.
- Microfiber is hypoallergenic and anti-bacterial. It is resistant to wrinkles, staining, and fading, and is very durable.
- This bedding is easy to care for. Wash in cool water in your washing machine, and tumble dry on low. There is no need for any ironing.
- Great for Pets – This sheet set is easy to clean, and pet hair will come right off with a lint brush or in the washing machine.
- Sleep Cool – Microfiber is known for its cooling qualities. You will not wake up sweating when you sleep on these sheets.
- Comfort – These sheets are just as soft, comfortable, and luxurious feeling as any cotton, silk, or bamboo sheets that cost a lot more.
Honeymoon 1800 Brushed Microfiber Sheets:
These elegant sheets have a lovely striped embroidered trim along the hem, and they are going to look great in any bedroom. Shown here in coral, this set is available in a number of colors, including navy blue, blue, white, ivory, purple, hot pink, and lime green. No matter what your bedroom décor is like, you are sure to find a set that is going to be perfect.
- The fully elasticized sheet will fit securely onto your mattress. It will even fit deep pocket mattresses up to 17 inches deep.
- This set comes complete with four pieces: one fitted sheet; one flat sheet; and two pillow cases that will fit most pillows.
- This bedding is easy to care for. Simply toss it in the washing machine with cold water, and tumble dry. Do not bleach.
- Made from 100 percent polyester microfiber, this sheet set is comfortable, durable, and resistant to stains, wrinkles, and fading.
- Hypoallergenic – Microfiber is hypoallergenic, making it ideal for anyone who suffers from seasonal or environmental allergies. It is also anti-bacterial, and helps wick moisture away from your body.
- Sizes – Shown here in full size, this bedding is also available in twin and queen sizes. It is not available in king or California king.
- Wrinkle Resistant – Microfiber is not only resistant to wrinkles, it is also resistant to fading and staining.
Clara Clark 1800 Premier Series 4pc Set:
If you are looking for an inexpensive sheet set that feels as luxurious and comfortable as the softest silk or cotton, this is definitely a set you should consider. Not only are these sheets soft and comfortable, they are also cool and breathable in the summer, and nice and cozy on cold winter nights. These are the ideal sheets for all seasons.
- Shown in Navy Blue, this set is available in a variety of colors, including Beach Blue, Hot Pink, Strawberry Pink, Orange Rust, Royal Blue, Garden Green, Teal, Beige Cream, Black, White, and many more.
- This set is made from strong microfiber fabric that is resistant to fading. It is also resistant to staining and wrinkling. The anti-bacterial and hypoallergenic properties will keep you breathing easy all night long.
- Shown here in king size, this sheet set is also available in twin, twin XL, full, queen, California king, and split king sizes.
- This set is easy to care for. You can put it right in the washer in cold water. Then, pop it into the dryer to tumble on low. Do not use bleach.
- Appearance – This is an attractive set that is not only available in many colors, but also has a nice three-line embellishment on the pillow cases.
- Hypoallergenic – The microfiber repels a lot of allergens, including dust mites and dead skin cells. This is an ideal sheet set for anyone who suffers from asthma, or seasonal or environmental allergies.
- Deep Pockets – The fitted sheet is fully elasticized, so it will fit snugly and not pop off while you are sleeping. It also has deep pockets, and will fit onto mattresses up to 16 inches deep.
Bed Sheet Set 4-Piece，Brushed Microfiber 1500 Bedding:
This sheet set is made from 100 percent polyester, and is extremely durable yet comfortable. It is luxuriously soft, without being too “fluffy” like flannel or slippery like silk. It is also resistant to wrinkling, so you can take it right out of the dryer and put it on your bed without having to worry about dragging out the iron and ironing board.
- This is a four-piece, 100 percent polyester sheet set that includes one fitted sheet, one flat sheet, and two pillow cases.
- Shown here in full size, this set is also available in twin, queen, and king size. There is no California king.
- The plaid pattern will look nice in any room, and there are a variety of color combinations to choose from.
- The polyester fabric is resistant to staining, fading, and wrinkling. It is hypoallergenic, and anti-bacterial. You will sleep better because you will breathe better.
- Value – For a bedding set costing less than $50, you will be surprised at the high quality. This set is soft and comfortable, yet durable enough to hold up to regular wear and tear.
- Fabric – Even though the fabric is a bit thicker than with other polyester sheets, it is still going to offer plenty of cooling properties. It will wick moisture away from your skin to keep you cool at night.
- Hypoallergenic – If you have environmental or seasonal allergies, this hypoallergenic bedding is going to help you breathe a lot better at night
As you can see, you don’t have to spend a fortune to get a quality set of sheets. You just need to do your homework and shop around. Look for sets that have all of the features one would expect in quality sheets, including being hypoallergenic and easy to care for. Any of the sets discussed today will fit all of your needs.