Get a good night’s sleep with one of these pillows.
The average person will spend about 229,961 hours sleeping in their lifetime which is basically one-third of your life. Do you really want to spend all of that time sleeping uncomfortably? Most people throw a pillow on their bed and hope for the best. Sometimes that works but very often you will find yourself struggling to fall asleep and waking up with pain in your neck. There is a little bit more than goes into choosing a pillow, you have to consider things like how you sleep. If you are a stomach sleeper, for example, need to sleep on thin pillows, like the Elite Rest Slim Sleeper.
Finding the best bed pillow is not the only way to get a good night’s sleep, you can also try these tips if you are struggling to get a good night’s sleep.
How to get a good night’s sleep.
Tired of waking up tired, these tips might help you to get a night of good quality sleep.
- Get active. You don’t need to become a gym bunny but getting active every day can help you to get better quality sleep. A brisk walk every morning is all it needs to boost melatonin which is a natural sleep hormone that helps you to sleep. It might seem logical that exercising late in the day will tire you out and make you sleep but this is not correct and can have the opposite effect. Get your choice of exercise early in the day.
- Remove distractions. Having your TV in your bedroom might be comfortable and convenient but it could be contributing to your lack of sleep. Keep your bedroom free of as many appliances as possible, including laptops. Your bed should be reserved for sleep and kept free from distractions.
- Prepare a sleep routine. Bedtime routines help your body and mind to prepare for bed. Start a routine that works for you and stick to it as closely as you can every night. It will improve the quality of sleep that you are getting every night.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine. Both caffeine and alcohol are stimulants and will affect the quality of sleep you are getting. It might be tempting to enjoy a glass of red wine and some chocolate before you go to bed but both of these things can result in you battling to fall asleep. If you do want to snack before bedtime, avoid acidic food or anything containing caffeine or alcohol.
What to consider when buying a new pillow.
- The filling. Pillows come with a variety of different fillings, everyone has their own preference. Memory foam is a popular choice but it is not for everyone. You can also find pillows filled with shredded foam, feathers, down or down alternatives.
- The height. The height of your pillow will affect the quality of sleep you are getting. If the pillow is too high, your back and neck won’t be properly aligned. If it is too low, it will not provide enough support. If you are not sure what height will work for you, try out an adjustable pillow to start with.
- Your sleeping position. How you sleep will affect the pillow you need. If you sleep on your side, you will need a different pillow compared with someone who sleeps on their stomach.
5 of The Best Bed Pillows
If you love the softness and luxury of down but have allergies, then down alternative pillows is a good option. This pillow is filled with 100% hypoallergenic virgin polyester filling, making it soft, comfortable, and luxurious and above all, suitable for those with allergies and it is resistant to dust mites.
Best Memory Foam Pillow: Bluewave Bedding
This pillow is a medium height pillow, which makes it suitable for just about any sleeping styles. It is ideal if you like to switch positions while you sleep. Overheating while you sleep can also prevent you from sleeping comfortably. This cool pillow is infused with gel-particle technology that will keep you cool while you sleep, which is why we loved this pillow.
Shredded memory foam is a great filling for pillows, it will not go flat or lumpy and will provide you with the comfort and support you need. You will be able to mold and shape the shredded foam to suit your needs, making it a comfortable pillow. Once you have a perfect position your head will be supported all night long so you can sleep comfortably.
Goose down pillows are all about luxury and comfort. They are soft pillows that will provide a soft, cloudlike place for you to lay your head every night. These pillows might not provide you with a lot of support but if you prefer side sleeping then these pillows are the best choice. Goose down pillows can be expensive pillows but they will not disappoint when it comes to comfort.
Stomach sleepers need to sleep on a thin pillow. If the pillow is too high it will push your neck too far back which will result in strain on your neck. This pillow is 2.75 inches, the perfect height stomach sleepers. It will allow the spine to be correctly aligned and improve breathing while you sleep as well as providing neck support. Made from latex, this is a natural pillow that is chemical-free and will last you a long time.
Finding the best bed pillow is like finding gold. When you happen upon a pillow, like the firm Elite Rest memory foam pillow, that provides you the support and is comfortable, your sleep will be transformed instantly.