How to get a good nights sleep when you sleep on your stomach.
Why Is Stomach Sleeping Bad?
As a result of this, you don’t sleep soundly and will probably find yourself waking up regularly. Due to this, you will wake up exhausted. We all know the negative effects of a lack of sleep. We know it can be hard to break habits, finding a pillow to sleep with can help to make sleeping on your stomach more comfortable.
Top Tips for Stomach Sleeping
If you do like to sleep on your stomach, there are a few things you can do to make the quality of sleep you are receiving better.
- Keep trying to change your position. When you fall asleep try to stay on your back or side as much as possible. If you wake up during the night and are back on your stomach, flip over again to your side or back. If you keep doing this, it will eventually become second nature and will reduce the amount of time you spend on your back.
- Keep your legs flat.When you are lying on your stomach, make sure your legs are both flat and straight. If one of your legs is bent or resting on a pillow it pushes your spine further out of alignment.
- Stretch Regularly. Stretching is always a good idea. It can also help to alleviate any pain you are experiencing while you sleep. If you are a belly sleeper, find some yoga poses, like a child’s pose that will help to stretch your pelvis and spine. Do these stretches before bed and when you wake up.
- Align Your Body. When you fall asleep on your stomach, you want to keep your body as aligned as possible. You want to keep your hips and back straight with your hands by your side. This is the best way to sleep as a stomach sleeper to ensure you get a good night’s sleep.
- Place a Pillow Under Your Pelvis. Find a thin, flat pillow and place it under your pelvis while you sleep. This pillow will help to keep the curve of your spine by lifting it slightly. If the pressure on your pelvis is reduced you will sleep better.
- Find the Right Pillow. There are pillows that have been specifically made for stomach sleepers. These pillows offer support for the entire body without forcing it out of alignment. A good pillow will also have spinal support for your whole body so that you can sleep on your stomach in comfort.
The Best Pillows for Stomach Sleepers
Elite Rest Latex Slim Sleeper
Belly Sleep Gel Infused Memory Foam Pillow
Perform Thin Pillow
Everyone sleeps differently. If you are a stomach sleeper and are struggling with neck pain, look at sleeping on one of these pillows that have been specifically designed to give stomach sleepers the right amount of support while they sleep. One of the negative effects of sleeping on your stomach is that you toss and turn and wake up tired, all of these stomach pillows help your body relax so that you can sleep soundly all night long. These are all thin pillows that will not further push your spine out of alignment.