The Best Pillows for All Sleeping Positions.
While many people do sleep in one position, there are those sleepers who move around a lot during the night, changing their sleep position many times. It can be a challenge to find a pillow that will adequately support you if you are a combination sleeper because you are constantly moving. That does not mean there is not a pillow for you. Elite Rest has a high-quality contour memory foam pillow that works well for combination sleepers, but there are many other options available as well.
How can a Combination Pillow Help You Sleep Better
Regardless of your sleep style, a good pillow can make all the difference in the quality of sleep you are getting. As a combination sleeper, you need to be on the lookout for a pillow that is going to support you when you sleep on your back, side, or stomach.
When you find the best pillow, you will experience the following benefits:
- A reduction in snoring. Snoring affects both the quality and quantity of your sleep. It also affects the quality of the sleep of your partner. When you sleep on a good quality pillow that supports your neck correctly, it will result in a reduction in snoring which will improve the quality of sleep you are getting.
- A reduction in pain. Waking up in pain every morning is a horrible way to start your day. It sets the tone for the day but the good news is it can be easily remedied by sleeping on a good combination pillow. These pillows are designed to support you while you sleep so that you do not wake up in pain.
- It provides spinal support. When your body does not have the right amount of support from a firm pillow, it can result in back issues. When your pillow provides the right firmness for your back, your spine will be correctly supported.
What is a Combination Sleeper?
Combination sleepers sleep on their back, side, and stomach throughout the night. These sleepers move around and flip from their back to their stomach a few times during the night. Most people sleep like this and it is important to find the right pillow for combine sleepers that offers you the right kind of support.
When you are looking for a new pillow, as a combination sleeper you need to consider the following before you make your final decision.
- The size of the pillow. Pillows come in all different sizes and you will need to find one that works best for your body size and your bed size. If you have broad shoulders then you want to look for a larger pillow while those who are petite, need a smaller pillow.
- The thickness of the pillow. Combination pillows need to look for a medium height pillow. If you do suffer from back or neck pain, avoid pillows that are too thick. A medium pillow is between 3-5 inches and is the recommended height for combination pillows.
- The cover of the pillow. This is important because it is what you lay your head on. You want to look for a cover that is comfortable, removable, and ideally improves air circulation during the night.
The 5 Best Pillows for Combination Sleepers
Filled with quality shredded Visco elastic memory foam with a polyester and rayon cover, this is a luxurious and comfortable pillow that offers both support and comfort.
- Adjustable pillow.
- Eliminates neck and shoulder pain.
- Aligns your spine correctly.
- Some found this pillow too flat.
- It might be too firm for some sleepers.
A great pillow made from a down alternative microfiber fill covered with a 100% cotton pillow cover.
- The 6 soft layers can be removed to adjust the height.
- Super soft pillow
- Easy to clean
- Pillow can get too hot
- Some said the pillow was too soft and fluffy
Memory foam is used to fill this pillow and it comes with a soft, luxurious cover that can be removed and washed.
- It provides therapeutic support for your neck and shoulders.
- Improves alignment of your spine.
- Made from premium quality memory foam.
- It can have a strong odor initially
- It can be too soft for some.
This pillow is made from memory foam and comes with a removable cover that can be machine washed.
- There are no zippers, making this pillow very comfortable.
- It comes with self-adapting technology, it adjusts naturally to your needs.
- Aligns your spine and supports your neck.
- Works well with CPAP machines
- The cover is breathable and comfortable.
- The smell can be overpowering for some.
- Some people found it got very hot.
- It can be too thin for some.
When you buy a new pillow, you might need to give it a trial period to allow yourself the opportunity to adjust to it. As a combination sleeper, you want to find a pillow that offers you support, whatever position you are in, like the Elite Rest Memory Foam Pillow.