Review: Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow
The Leachco Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow is widely considered one of the most flexible, adjustable, and comfortable pregnancy pillows. You need to find the perfect sleep position with this pillow, but it provides great belly support, and you can bend it in any shape you want. Some users prefer such flexibility, but others feel it takes away from the support a pregnancy pillow must provide. This article aims to review the Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow and recommend potential alternative pregnancy pillows to help you decide.
Leachco Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow: Specifications
- Color: Ivory, Grey, Mauve
- Weight: 3 pounds
- Dimensions: 60” x 24.75” x 7.25”
- Filling: Polyfill
- Material: Polyblend
Leachco Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow: Features
- Shape: This pregnancy pillow measures 60” in length, making it longer than most other pregnancy pillows. It’s c-shaped on one end and slightly flatter on the other end, kind of like a hook.
- Comfort Positions: This pregnancy pillow is extremely flexible, sometimes too flexible. You have to constantly find the perfect sleep position to maintain belly support. The ideal pregnancy pillow should adjust to your body shape automatically, instead of you needing to find the perfect sleep position.
- Filling: It comes with hypoallergenic polyfill that you can mold and shape according to the desired shape. The filling offers firm-plush comfort, but it also compresses way too easily, making it a little flat.
- Loft: This pregnancy pillow has a 7” loft, which is ideal for belly support, sleeping, and relaxing. However, the pillow gradually flattens out over time, and the loft height decreases significantly, taking away the belly support.
- Machine-Washable: It comes with a poly/cotton blend removable cover, but it’s not machine washable. Instead, you should opt for spot cleaning, making it more inconvenient than other machine-washable pillow covers.
Leachco Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow: Reviews
Leachco Snoogle pregnancy pillow has had more mixed reviews than other pregnancy pillows. The following are some of the pillow’s user reviews:
- “I was a back sleeper before I got pregnant. Trying to side sleep was hard on my hips, and I would always wake up on my back. This pillow has made a huge difference. I never wake up on my back anymore. I can comfortably sleep on either side. Since the pillow wraps around my body, I don’t move the pillow during the night when switching sides. I’m 5’6,” but there is plenty of length to the pillow; it should still wrap partially around much taller women. I have washed the cover twice now, and it isn’t too difficult to get on and off.”
- “I’m over halfway through my pregnancy, so my opinion may change the further I get into my pregnancy. However, at this point, I just can’t say that I love it. The sides are too thick to do much to support my belly, though it is easier than putting a pillow between my legs. I have a hard time getting it to stay in a position I want, and my regular pregnancy tossing and turning is even more awkward when trying to rearrange a gigantic c-shaped pillow in the middle of the night. There have been times that I’ve pulled it out and had an awesome night’s sleep, but those are about equal to the times I decide it is too big and awkward, and it sits in my closet for a few weeks until I pull it out to try again. I should give credit where credit is due; when I finally get the pillow into a comfortable position, it can be a huge boon for a good night’s sleep.”
Other Belly Support Pillows
QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow
QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow is the ideal alternative to the Snoogle chic pregnancy pillow. This is a u-shaped pregnancy pillow with firm support on both sides — it simultaneously supports your neck, back, and baby bump. The ergonomic design actively goes around all your pressure points to alleviate the pressure from your back, belly, and hips. However, in this case, the shape is fixed, and you can’t move it around as much as the Snoogle pregnancy pillow. As such, individuals looking for optimal flexibility might not love it.
Boppy Slipcovered Pregnancy Pillow is another unique take on the pregnancy pillow. It’s a slightly M-shaped pregnancy pillow with a gentle concavity at the center for belly support. It’s a head-to-toe full-body support pillow that alleviates pressure from all your pressure points, including the lower back, hips, and neck. However, it only measures 48,” so taller individuals may need another traditional pillow to support the neck and head.
Contour Memory Foam Pillow By Elite Rest is the ideal accompaniment to a pregnancy pillow or a body pillow. It’s a traditional, standard-sized, memory foam pillow with a contoured design. The ergonomic contours support the neck curvatures to ensure optimal spinal alignment. Furthermore, the memory foam easily conforms to your body shape to offer optimal comfort for all sleeping positions. It also comes with a machine-washable and removable pillowcase made of 100% cotton, making it ideal for air circulation and temperature regulation.
The Leachco Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow is a pretty controversial pillow amongst women going through the stages of pregnancy. Some claim it’s perfect because of its flexibility. Others say that the enhanced flexibility sacrifices belly support, putting the burden of finding the perfect sleep position on you. You can, however, combine the Snoogle chic pillow with Contour Memory Foam Pillow By Elite Rest to optimize your neck and head support.