It is highly unlikely that two people will agree on what pillow is the best. Everyone sleeps differently and favors a different position, which means they will favor different pillows. What everyone can, however, agree on is that when they lay their head on their pillow to rest, they want to get a good night’s sleep.
The best pillow is one that provides you with the right support for your sleeping position. A good pillow can also help with any stiffness or neck and back pains you may be experiencing.
You might also find that you need to change your pillow if you are pregnant or have injured yourself, or if you have changed your mattress. Don’t underestimate the importance of a pillow when it comes to rest. Make sure that you find the best pillow for you so that you sleep well and have enough energy when you wake.
We have compiled a comprehensive list of the top 10 pillows for a good night’s rest.
1. The Pancake Pillow is one of our favourite adjustable pillows. It comes stacked up like a pile of pancakes and you can adjust it to suit your needs. The layers can be removed and added, meaning you can adjust the height of you are suffering from stiffness or any other sleep associated aches and pains. This is a good pillow for all types of sleepers.
2. The best latex pillow to get a good night’s rest has to be the Malouf Latex Pillow. This is a high pillow, between 4.5 and 5.75 inches, which makes it ideal for side sleepers. They get the right support from higher pillows as it aligns their spine, hips, and neck correctly. This pillow contains no synthetic derivatives, it is made from 100% pure natural Talalay Latex that has been derived from latex trees, sustainably.
3. If you are looking for a pillow specifically designed for neck pain, the EcoGreen Chiropractic Pillow is the best pillow. This pillow gentle cradles your neck and in doing so removes the pressure of your head and corrects the spinal alignment – soothing your pain. It is the best pillow for neck pain from things like a pinched nerve, poor spine alignment, jaw joint pain or headaches. This is a versatile pillow that can be used while you are sitting as well as sleeping, ensuring you have the right support at all times.
4. Xtreme Comforts Shredded Contour Pillow is our choice when it comes to shredded pillows. This pillow offers you extreme comfort and you will fall asleep fast and stay asleep all night when you use this pillow. This pillow will provide you with the rest you need. The shredded foam used in this pillow meets stringent standards and is hypoallergenic. This pillow will keep its shape and conforms to the natural shape of your body, for good support. The support this pillow provides will reduce tossing and turning, which will improve the quality of sleep you are getting.
5. If you are looking for a gel pillow, the Bluewave Slim Gel Pillow is the one. It is a medium profile pillow but provides maximum comfort for all sleeping positions. If you, or someone you love snores, then you might want to get this pillow as it can reduce snoring. The infused gel is designed to regulate the heat to avoid overheating during the night. The memory foam is Certipur-US memory foam and is both supportive and responsive.
6. EPABO Contour Memory Foam Pillow is the best cervical pillow for neck pain. It is also an orthopedic pillow, meaning it has been designed to provide support while you sleep. This pillow provides sleepers with therapeutic support while you sleep, ensuring you will wake up refreshed after a proper night’s sleep. The unique design of this pillow is adjustable so you can make it higher or lower to suit your sleeping style.
7. Is luxury important to you? If it is then this InStyle Furnishings Luxury Pillow is for you. Sensitive sleepers will find this pillow perfect for rest. It is allergen-free and can relieve symptoms associated with allergies. When you sleep on this pillow it will feel like you are sleeping amongst the clouds, it is that soft and luxurious. The cotton cover adds to the luxurious feel of the pillow and is machine washable.
8. Not all pillows are for sleeping. A leg pillow, like the Contour Products Leg Pillow, can help if you are dealing with back pain. You place this pillow between your knees and it can help align your knees, back, and hips. It conforms to your legs, so the pillow will keep still during the night. This leg pillow helps to ease the pressure on the sacroiliac joints as well as muscles and ligaments.
9. For the best performing pillow, the Perform Pillow will not let you down. This pillow has been designed and tested by Chiropractors who have over 20 years of experience, making it a recommended pillow for people struggling with back and neck pain. This pillow is both comfortable and provides the right amount of support to sleepers. A high-quality foam has been used in this pillow so it will retain its shape for years to come.
10. The Elite Rest Slim Sleeper is the best pillow for back sleepers. The height of the pillow is only 2.75 inches, which means it provides the right amount of support for those who favor their backs while sleeping. This is a great pillow for reducing snoring and helping with breathing. It can also reduce both back and neck pain in sleepers. Natural latex is used to make this pillow and the pin-hole ventilation helps to maximize ventilation.
We have compiled a comprehensive list of pillows for all types of sleepers and conditions. Your pillow should help you to get a comfortable night’s rest. If you are waking up uncomfortable and experiencing either back or neck pain you might want to consider buying a new pillow that is specifically designed to alleviate pain. Hopefully, you will find the best pillow for you in this list.