Are you a side sleeper? While research has shown that it can be beneficial to sleep on your side it is important that you sleep on your side in the correct positions. If you are not sleeping in the correct position, you will still wake up with pain in your neck, spine and joints. Adding a pillow designed for side sleepers, Elite Rest, has a good one to consider, is a good way to ensure that your body is correctly aligned while you are sleeping on your side.
There are a few benefits to sleeping on your side including;
- A reduction in joint and lower back pain
- Reduced pain with conditions like fibromyalgia
- Reduced snoring
- Improved brain health
- Improved gut health
Which side is better – left or right?
Research says sleeping on the left side has the most benefits because your organs are free to get rid of toxins while you sleep. But both sides have benefits and if you switch from one side to the other you will still be getting the benefits associated with side sleeping.
The Best Orthopedic Pillows for Side Sleepers
Side sleepers may have their sleeping positions in common but everyone has a unique pillow preference. We have put together a list of the best pillows for side sleepers.
- Cased in a luxurious cotton pillow case the Sable Pillow is the perfect pillow for side sleepers. It comes in a two-pack and you are able to easily wash and then replace the pillow cases so that you get a luxurious night’s sleep every night. Stuffed with premium down-alternative filling, this pillow adjusts to your posture and sleeping position for better support. Once you raise your head, the pillow regains its shape. You can also add or remove foam from this pillow, adjusting it until you reach the height that is right for you. Side sleepers will find they can really snuggle into this pillow and will probably fall asleep really quickly. There is no need to remove the pillow case from the pillow when washing, you can wash them together.
- Side sleepers will wake up with a spring in their step, ready to face the day when they sleep on the Elite Rest Shredded Memory Foam pillow! We love this pillow because you can manipulate the shredded memory foam until it is comfortable for you to sleep on. Once you have found the right shape and height you will fall asleep the second you put your head on this pillow. Side sleepers will find that their spinal alignment is supported and as a result their breathing improves. There really is no downside to this pillow. You can remove and wash the pillow case easily in your washing machine, you do not need to separately hand wash with cold water.
- If you are prone to back and neck pain while sleeping on your side, the EPABO pillow is the one you want to go for. It might take some getting used to this pillow but once you have settled in, it is revolutionary and your quality of sleep will be forever altered. The ergonomic design of the pillow means your head is supported and your head, neck, shoulder and back are perfectly aligned. When your spine is correctly aligned, your entire body relaxes allowing you to fall asleep quickly and easily. Everything about this pillow screams luxury, comfort and quality. The cover is easy to remove to wash in your washing machine.
- Side sleepers are in for a treat with the Coop Home Goods Pillow. They claim that it is the perfect pillow, we aren’t sure it is the perfect pillow but will say it comes close. It is an adjustable pillow, which is always helpful because you can adjust it until it is right for you. Once you have adjusted the pillow to suit your needs you will be able to sleep soundly and will not wake up in pain or with a stiff and sore neck. This foam used in this pillow is CertiPUR-US and GREENGUARD Gold certified, giving you added peace of mind that the pillow you are sleeping on is safe. You can wash then replace the pillow case easily, it will not wear out very quickly so you do not need to worry about overwashing it.
- Surround yourself with luxury and comfort with the DreamNorth Cotton Pillows. These pillows have found the perfect balance between fluffy and firm and will provide you with the best night’s sleep you have ever experienced. As a side sleeper you can lay your head on this pillow and be confident that you will sleep and sleep well. Filled with poly gel-filled fiber for maximum comfort, these pillows will change how you sleep, for the better. The 100% cotton cover is breathable, soft and can be washed in your machine.
Everyone is different and we all look for pillows that will meet our unique set of needs. Your sleeping positions will affect the type of pillow you sleep on. Side sleepers need a pillow that is not too thin or too high, Elite Rest has a pillow that is the perfect height for side sleepers. We are confident that your next pillow is on this list.
Say goodbye to shoulder and neck pain with these top orthopedic pillows for side sleepers. Waking up with neck pain can be debilitating, no one wants to live like that and you don’t have to if you find the right pillow for your sleeping position. Finding the right pillow can change your life forever, you will discover what it feels like to sleep through the night and wake up pain free. Side sleepers, specifically, need to consider investing in a good quality orthopedic pillow.