Everyone has their own set of unique preferences when it comes to the kind of pillow they sleep on. Some people swear by firm pillows while others prefer goose down pillows. The height of the pillow is also a personal decision with some people opting for ultra-slim pillows.
Slim pillows are not for everyone but they do have some benefits:
- They keep your neck supported. Stomach sleepers will benefit the most from sleeping on a thin pillow. Sleeping on your stomach means your neck gets pushed to awkward angles. By sleeping on a thinner pillow you keep your neck at a more natural angle. If the pillow is made from down, feathers or foam it will provide even better support for your neck.
- Ensure your spine is aligned. Sleeping on your back might result in your neck being thrown too far forward, which will cause neck pain and mean you don’t sleep soundly. In addition, when your spine is misaligned you will toss and turn. A thinner pillow solves this and aligns your spine so that you are able to sleep comfortably.
- They help you recharge. A thinner pillow will allow you to sleep comfortably which means you won’t be tossing and turning all night. When you are able to sleep well you will wake up feeling refreshed and recharged.
- They could help to prevent wrinkles. When you sleep on a large pillow your face is squashed into the pillow which means you are likely to gather wrinkles. A thin pillow means your facial skin is stretched like normal which can prevent premature signs of aging.
- Your head is kept still. Thin pillows will not result in your head rolling from side to side. If your head is kept still while you are sleeping, you are preventing your spine from changing position which could result in a stiff and sore neck when you wake up.
If you are looking for a new slim pillow but want a natural option, consider one of these natural slim pillow.
This pillow is aptly named because it can offer you pain relief through the perfect combination of firm support and a 3” thick height. This combination is a great remedy for a range of sleeping issues like neck, shoulder and back pain. Stomach and side sleepers will benefit from sleeping on this thin pillow as it will offer them the right amount of support that they need. The pillow cradles your head and neck and it changes shape when you move to ensure that you have constant support all through the night. This pillow is hypoallergenic, CertiPUR certified and a great option for people struggling with allergies.
This really is an ultra-thin pillow, it is only 2.6” high in the middle and 1.3” in the middle, making it a great option for stomach and back sleepers. This pillow may be thin but it is not flimsy at all and offers you a medium firmness pillow that will not allow your head to completely sink into the mattress. This pillow is so low it will naturally stretch your neck muscles and support your head and neck while maintaining the physiological curve of your spine. When your spine is aligned it can also help to improve your breathing and reduce snoring.
The QIQIHome latex pillow is made from natural latex and features a pin-hole design that improves breathability and ensures you are cool while you sleep.
Everything about this pillow is natural. It is made from 100% Natural Latex and has a 100% Organic Cotton Cover, making it a healthy and environmentally friendly option. At 3.25” this is a slim pillow as been designed to provide you with just the right amount of both comfort and support. Not only is this an all-natural pillow but it is a great pillow for people who suffer from allergies as it is hypoallergenic, dust mite resistant, mildew resistant and anti-microbial.
When you sleep on this pillow, as a stomach sleeper, you will get all the support that you need. A thin pillow provides stomach sleepers with the correct spinal alignment and in doing so improves their breathing and could also reduce snoring. This pillow can also improve neck, back or shoulder pain while sleeping. The Elite Rest pillow is made from 100% natural latex and is chemical-free, anti-fungal and hypoallergenic.
If your favored sleeping position is on your back or stomach, then you need a thin pillow that offers you the right amount of support. The thinnest pillow may not look like it offers much support but it can prevent neck pain, align your spine and stop you from tossing and turning while you sleep. All of these thin pillows are natural, eco-friendly options that will provide stomach and back sleepers with support and comfort.