If you are a frequent traveler you will know how important it is to stay comfortable while you are traveling, especially if you are traveling long distances. Whether you are traveling for pleasure or for business, you want to make the most of your time. The last thing you want to have to deal with is neck pain from sleeping incorrectly or exhaustion from not getting any sleep at all.
Before we share our secrets on how to travel in comfort, we have put together a few tips for first-time travelers.
These top tips will help make travel a little easier.
- Plan! Before visiting a new destination do your research first. Find out when the best time to travel is, what vaccinations you need, get your travel insurance in place and work out your budget before you board the plane.
- Pack in advance. If you are the list-making type, make a list of what you want to take with so that you can mark each item off as you pack them. Regardless of where you are going, make sure you pack in a pair of comfortable shoes, all your prescription medication and an adaptor for your electronics. Pack an extra set of clothes in your carry-on luggage.
- Beat jetlag. Try to eat and sleep on your destinations time, avoid alcohol during the flight, instead make sure you drink plenty of water. Try to move around the cabin during the flight, not only will this refresh you, but it will increase your circulation and reduce swelling in your feet.
- Check you can access your money. Find out from your bank what the options are for international travel when it comes to accessing your cash. There may be international transaction fees involved, make sure you find this out before you head out. Even if you have sorted this out, have a backup plan in case your cards get stolen or lost.
- Book your accommodation in advance. This is important especially if you are a first-time traveler. Make sure you know exactly where you are going and when you need to check-in and check out.
Now let’s look at some of the best travel pillows.
If you regularly take long haul flights, then this is the only travel pillow you need. It protects your neck on both sides and the front, stopping your head from dropping forward which places strain on your neck and results in a sore and stiff neck. This shaped travel pillow is made from responsive memory foam that will mold to your body shape so that you are able to sleep comfortably while you are sitting up on an airplane or train. In addition to this pillow has an adjustable clasp for added chin support. This travel pillow comes with a compact carrying case that allows you to fold the pillow in half while also saving space while you travel. The moisture-wicking fabric used in this pillow will keep your neck dry and the cover can be removed and is machine washable.
This doesn’t look like a conventional pillow by any means, but it offers you the only support you will need while you are traveling. It provides you will full lateral support for your upper body so that you are able to relax easier and fall asleep while you are traveling. It is an inflatable pillow that will stop your head from falling forward preventing tension and neck strain. It can also be used in a multitude of ways including across your torso like a messenger bag or tethered to an airline seat. Once you are done with the pillow you can easily deflate and roll up, convenient while you are traveling and don’t have a lot of space.
This isn’t a pillow but a must-have travel accessory for those overnight flights. This mask will shut out the light, allowing you to sleep any time, anywhere. The eye-cups are adjustable so you can customize them to suit your face’s shape. The mask places no pressure on your eyes, making them super comfortable allowing you to sleep soundly, even if the sun is still up. For added comfort, this sleep mask comes with earplugs to shut out any noise and a nifty little bag to keep everything in.
Neck pain from sleeping is really uncomfortable and no one wants to have to deal with this while they are traveling or on holiday. Adding a little travel pillow to your list of travel must-haves will make the travel time much more pleasant and you will arrive at your destination without a stiff and aching neck. While it might be a little bulky to take with, you can also take your bed pillow with you, especially if you suffer from chronic neck pain and need a supportive pillow to sleep on.