Review of Butterfly Pillow for Neck Pain
Butterfly Pillow by ComfortFinds is supposed to be a comfortable cervical pillow that supports the neck muscles and ensures optimal spinal alignment. It’s especially promoted to CPAP users because it’s supposed to reduce face and nasal mask pressure and air leaks. However, this pillow’s ability to live up to its claims has recently come under suspicion. Most of the customers using this pillow with CPAP machines or to reduce neck pain have found that it doesn’t work as it’s supposed to.
Below, we review the Butterfly Pillow by ComfortFinds and recommend possible alternative cervical pillows for neck pain.
- Sleeping Positions: Butterfly Pillow is supposed to be suitable for all sleeping positions, including side sleeping, back sleeping, and stomach sleeping. That’s a pretty strong claim because few pillows are suitable for all sleeping positions unless they have adjustable lofts. If you’re sleeping on your side, you need a pillow with a high loft that keeps your neck aligned. If you’re sleeping on your stomach, you need a thin pillow that doesn’t crane your neck upwards. Predictably, this pillow might be suitable for back sleepers, but it’s not ideal for side or stomach sleepers.
- Ergonomic Design: This pillow is supposed to have an ergonomic design that allows you to sleep comfortably regardless of the type of mask you use — CPAP, BiPAP, or APAP. It’s supposed to prevent over-tightening of the mask and air leaks. However, users often complain that the pillow isn’t large enough to accommodate the CPAP hose and devices. Users often have to sleep at the end of the pillow to accommodate the entire system.
- Fiber-Fill Construction: This cervical pillow is made of fiber-fill material — it’s supposed to be high-quality construction that adapts and contours to your neck and shoulders. However, this pillow fails to support the neck muscles or relieve neck pain. The fiber-fill construction is way too firm for comfort or adaptability. It also comes with a removable and machine-washable cover, but it doesn’t promote air circulation.
- “Extremely firm, almost like it’s overfilled and very stiff. For those who prefer a firm pillow, it would be great. But not for me. Returned it without any difficulties.”
- “Pillow too hard and have to sleep at the very end of the pillow to accommodate CPAP hose and headgear for a female head, shoulder, and neck size.”
- “First, the pillow is very thick and firm. Some people may want this, but I like a thinner, softer pillow. So I decided to return it. A first in my experience for Amazon, I had to pay for the wrapping and shipping of the pillow. The cheapest I could get was a cost of $25. So I paid $25 to return a $40 pillow. I will never use that company again.”
Butterfly Pillow by ComfortFinds fails to live up to its claims on almost all fronts. It’s stiff, excessively firm, and doesn’t support the neck muscles. You should look for other cervical pillows to reduce neck pain.
The Best Cervical Pillows for Neck Pain
Contour Memory Foam Pillow By Elite Rest is the ideal alternative to the Butterfly pillow because it truly accomplishes its goals. The Contour Memory Foam Pillow has ergonomic sides with inbuilt neck rolls that support your neck muscles and reduce neck pain. The loft height ranges from 4” to 2.75”, making it perfect for side sleepers and back sleepers. And the memory foam truly conforms to your body to alleviate neck pain and reduce pressure. If you’re looking for a cervical pillow that offers great comfort while relieving neck pain, then this is the ideal choice.
Core Products Tri-Core Cervical Pillow for Neck Pain is a cervical pillow with the primary goal of relieving neck pain. It has three elevated contours with inbuilt neck rolls — this pillow is designed to keep your neck in a neutral and aligned position. If you tend to twist and turn your neck at night, this pillow can ensure neck neutrality and spinal alignment. However, this pillow is quite firm and uncomfortable, making it the ideal pillow for occasional use — you can get over your stiff neck issues with this pillow, and then use other pillows for comfort.
Elite Rest Shredded Memory Foam Pillow is an adjustable memory foam pillow — this is the ideal pillow for people who twist and turn a lot. It’s also perfect for all sleeping styles and positions because you can easily adjust the loft height by adding or removing some of the memory foam filling. It comes with an extremely breathable bamboo cover that ensures optimal air circulation to keep you cool. This pillow can also be fluffed and adjusted in the middle of the night to adjust the loft height. The memory foam conforms to your shape and supports the neck muscles, alleviating neck pain.
Butterfly Pillow by ComfortFinds promises many things. It promises to be the ideal pillow for all sleeping positions, support the neck muscles to relieve neck pain and accommodate people who sleep with CPAP machines. However, it fails on all those promises. Contour Memory Foam Pillow By Elite Rest is the ideal alternative to Butterfly Pillow — a contour memory foam pillow that truly supports the neck muscles to alleviate discomfort. You can also get Elite Rest Shredded Memory Foam Pillow, which truly supports all sleeping positions because of an adjustable loft height.