Review: Boppy Pregnancy Pillow
Boppy Pregnancy Pillow is widely considered one of the best nursing pillows for a growing baby bump. Unlike traditional u-shaped pregnancy pillows, it’s a head-to-toe slipcovered total body pillow with a unique contoured design that supports the growing baby bump and other parts of the body. It’s also worth noting that this pillow has won the What to Expect 2018 Best Body Pillow award. This article reviews the Boppy slipcovered total body pillow and recommends some alternative nursing pillows for pregnant women.
Boppy Pregnancy Pillow: Specifications
- Shape: Contoured
- Dimensions: 48” x 25” x 8”
- Weight: 5 pounds
- Material: Polyester, Cotton
- Color: Gray/White
- Care and Cleaning: Tumble Dry
- Warranty: 1 Year, Limited
Boppy Pregnancy Pillow: Features
- Shape: Boppy pregnancy pillow has an atypical shape compared to other pregnancy pillows; instead of a traditional u-shaped or c-shaped contour, it has an M-shape with a gentle depression in the middle to support the growing baby bump.
- Adjustability: The Boppy total body pillow can be adjusted to various shapes, allowing you to slip into different positions. If you’re sleeping on your side, the depression at the center provides belly support. You can also wrap it around yourself for back support.
- Firmness: The Boppy pillow’s unique contoured design supports the growing baby bump, but some users complain that it’s not firm enough for other parts of the body.
- Washability: Boppy pregnancy pillow is machine-washable, and you can easily zipper the cover on and off.
Boppy Pregnancy Pillow: Reviews
The following are authentic reviews from Amazon users and their experience:
- “I love this pillow. I am currently 26 weeks pregnant, and I purchased this at 22 weeks. I was already starting to have difficulty sleeping comfortably, even though my belly wasn’t that big yet. After a few nights of sleeping with this pillow, I now cannot live without it.”
- “I am so glad I bought this pillow! It is SO COMFORTABLE! I am a side sleeper and always use a body pillow, which needs a replacement. I took a chance on this even though I am not pregnant lol…no matter which way you turn, this thing is super comfortable and accommodating. Highly highly recommend it! Best night sleep I have had in a long time.”
- “OMG, if you like body pillows and you buy anything other than this Boppy pillow, you are really missing out! I bought one 11 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child, and it was the best body pillow for supporting my ever-growing belly. Fast forward 10 years and two more kids, and my old pillow was still holding strong… except the case. It was frayed from 10 years of use. I searched high and low for a replacement cover but to no avail. My husband bought me this one for Christmas to replace my beloved pillow. I couldn’t have been happier. It bends, folds, curves, and hugs you back. It is extremely versatile, but not so big, your partner has to sleep on the sofa. I use it every night to prop my head up while I read in bed or put it under my legs so I can sit more comfortably. It really is the best. It’s a little more pricey than your standard pillow, but my last one was around for over 10 years, so it’s worth every penny!”
Other Total Body Pillows
Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Body Pillow is a flexible, adjustable, and comfortable total body support pillow suitable for all types of sleepers, including side sleepers, stomach sleepers, and back sleepers. It’s not a pregnancy pillow in the traditional sense, but it measures 54” and is flexible enough to provide optimal support. Furthermore, the memory contour easily conforms to the shape of the growing baby bump to offer optimal belly support. It also comes with a machine-washable and breathable pillowcase Made of cotton that ensures optimal air circulation, keeping you cool all night.
Meiz Pregnancy Pillow is a traditional u-shaped pregnancy pillow for those who want a time-tested full body pillow shape. You don’t need to change this pillow’s shape because it already has the perfect contours to support your entire body. The top of this pillow supports your neck, and the two surrounding wings support the growing baby bump and back. This pillow is 55,” and it comes in various colors. It also includes a 100% machine-washable and removable velvet cover that feels like a luxury to the touch.
Elite Rest Shredded Memory Foam Pillow is the ideal memory foam pillow for those who want a traditional pillow with their pregnancy pillow. Some women prefer using a traditional pillow for the neck, and this is the ideal option. It’s made of shredded filling, so you can add or remove the shredded memory foam to increase or decrease the loft height according to your preference. The adjustable loft height makes it perfect for all sleeping positions. It also comes with a machine-washable and removable bamboo pillowcase that ensures air circulation.
Boppy Pregnancy Pillow is widely considered the best total body pregnancy pillow, especially considered it won the What to Expect 2018 Best Body Pillow award. The Boppy slipcovered total body pillow has a unique M-shaped design with a slight depression at the center — the unique contoured design supports the growing baby bump. You can pair this pregnancy pillow with the adjustable Elite Rest Shredded Memory Foam Pillow to support your neck and avoid craning it awkwardly.