It is important that, when you sleep, your pillow supports your neck. Different types of sleepers will have different types of needs when it comes to the support they need from their pillow. Stomach sleepers will need slimmer pillows, the Elite Rest Thin Pillow is a good choice, while side sleepers prefer a higher pillow design.
What should you be looking for when choosing a new supportive neck pillow? We have put together our top tips and recommendations to make your life easier.
Top Tips for Choosing A Neck Pillow
Choose a cervical pillow
When looking for a new pillow for neck pain, look out for a cervical pillow. These are pillows that have been specifically designed and manufactured to provide you with the right amount of support for your neck and spine. Cervical pillows are generally higher where your neck is and lower where you lay your head. These pillows can be used for all types of sleeping positions.
Top 3 Recommended Cervical pillows:
- Belly Sleep Pillow: Stomach sleepers will receive amazing spinal support from this pillow. It will also keep your head and spine in a neutral position which will improve the overall quality of sleep that you are getting.
- EPABO Cervical Pillow: Say goodbye to neck pain and hello to the best nights sleep. The instant you lay your head on this pillow you will fall into a deep sleep that will last all night long.
- Cosium Cervical Pillow: With this pillow, you will receive natural pain relief from neck pain, migraines, and other aches and pains. It has been designed with both back and side sleepers in mind and the unique design will keep you supported while you sleep.
Back sleepers want a pillow that molds to their neck
Your sleeping position will determine the type of support you need. Back sleepers will want to look for a pillow that molds to their head and neck so that their neck is properly supported. If you are back sleeper you might want to consider a good quality memory foam pillow or a water pillow. Both these types of pillows keep their shape while adjusting to your body’s shape.
Top 3 Recommended pillows for back sleepers:
- Elite Rest Latex Pillow: Back sleepers will find that the thin design of this pillow improves breathing, thanks to the correct alignment of your spine. It also comes with cool pin-hole technology that keeps you cool while you sleep.
- Pacific Coast Feather Pillow: Lying down on this pillow is like laying your head onto a large fluffy cloud. This is a soft, fluffy pillow that offers back sleepers with the best support while they are sleeping.
- Xtreme Comforts Shredded Foam Pillow: This pillow will not go flat or loose its shape. The memory foam used will conform to the unique shape of your head and neck, allowing you to sleep soundly. The machine washable cover is breathable and will prevent you from overheating.
Side Sleeper Pillows
Some say that sleeping on your side is the best position to sleep in. If this is how you prefer to sleep, you must look for a firm pillow that you can place under your neck to keep your spine correctly aligned.
Shredded memory foam and adjustable pillows are ideal for side sleepers so that you can adjust them to suit your exact needs. Many side sleepers also like to place a leg pillow between their legs, this can help to further align your spine correctly.
Top 3 Recommended pillows for side sleepers:
- Elite Rest Contour Pillow: The therapeutic design of these pillows means it supports your head neck and shoulders are correctly aligned so your breathing is improved, your snoring may be reduced and you sleep like you have never slept before. Neck and shoulder pain will be a thing of the past when you sleep on the Elite Rest pillow.
- The Pancake Pillow: This is a great pillow for side sleepers because it can be adjusted by removing or adding layers of thin pillows. You can adjust the height until you find your own unique sweet spot.
- Snuggle-Pedic Body Pillow: If you are looking for a leg pillow, this is a great option. It is a large pillow that not only orthopedically supports your body while you sleep but also helps to keep your spine correctly aligned.
Stomach Sleeper Pillows
When you sleep on your stomach, extra stress is placed on your back while your neck gets twisted to the side. This is not ideal and so it is important to sleep on a thin pillow on your stomach. The thinner pillows reduce the pressure that is placed on your back.
3 Top Recommended Pillows for Stomach Sleepers:
- Bluewave Slim Pillow: This is fairly thin pillow that comes with gel-infused cooling technology that will keep you cool all through the night. It is made from a responsive memory foam that will support your neck as you sleep.
- Perform Pillow: The Perform Pillow has been orthopedically designed with input from a chiropractor. Stomach sleepers will not have their neck pushed out of alignment when they sleep on this pillow, instead your spine will be gently aligned as you sleep.
Neck Pillows while traveling
If you are traveling long distances you are going to want a pillow that supports your neck properly. Sleeping while you are sitting up often results in your head flopping forward, which is what causes a stiff neck.
Horseshoe shaped pillows are recommended for use while you are traveling, they support your neck and prevent it from popping forward so that you can sleep soundly while you are traveling.
Recommended Neck Pillows for Traveling
- Crafty World Neck Pillow: Don’t arrive at your destination with a stiff neck, sleep soundly and relax while you travel with this pillow. The durable memory foam pillow fits comfortably around your neck offering the right amount of support for your neck.
- Cabeau Evolution Travel Pillow: This pillow offers you support on both sides and in the front of your head. The adjustable strap can accommodate all neck sizes ad you have complete control when it comes to finding the perfect fit. As a bonus, this pillow comes with a sleeping mask.
When you are looking for new sleeping pillows, you want to find a pillow that correctly supports your neck, like the Elite Rest memory foam pillow that has been designed for support.
In the market for a new pillow? Consider buying a pillow that is going to provide you with the right amount of support for your neck. We have done the hard work for you and found the best supportive pillows on Amazon. While you are making some changes to your sleeping arrangements, you might want to also consider getting a new mattress for added support for your neck. Making sure that your sleep situation is comfortable and supportive so that you can get a good night’s sleep every night.