Have you been looking at memory foam mattresses, and wondering what the difference is between each model and how they can vary so much in price? Some memory foam mattresses can cost more than $3,000, which is not exactly affordable for a lot of people these days.
Then, you see some that are priced at less than $1,000, and wonder if they can even be nearly the same quality as their more expensive counterparts. Today we are going to look at the inexpensive Tuft and Needle mattress, and compare it to the more costly Tempurpedic mattress and see if there are any significant differences.
Tuft & Needle Mattresses:
A queen size Tuft and Needle mattress will run you about $600. This is an incredibly low price for a quality memory foam mattress. But, does it have what it takes to compete with the bigger, better-known name brands? Let’s take a look.
Tuft & Needle Mattress Features:
This 10-inch thick memory foam mattress is actually made with a combination of foams to give you all the support you need to sleep well at night and wake up without a lot of aches and pains. Tuft and Needle is a US company that offers a quality, no-frills memory foam mattress. Some features include:
- Two Foam Layers – The base layer is made up of seven inches of high density support foam. The top layer is three inches of pressure-relieving foam. The surface or ticking is a made from a poly/rayon blend.
- Special Top Layer – The pressure-relieving foam also has cooling properties. Unlike other memory foam mattresses that cost a lot more, this one doesn’t sleep hot.
- Support – The combination of foams will help to provide just the right amount of support to every part of your body, giving relief at all of the pressure points and allowing you to sleep soundly.
- Free Trial Period – You can have this mattress in your home and sleep on it for 100 nights, risk-free. If you aren’t completely satisfied, you can return it for a full refund.
The Tuft and Needle mattress is is a budget friendly option for any mattress shopper. Let’s look at some of the benefits the mattress offers that you need to consider before buying your next mattress.
Pros of the Tuft & Needle Mattresses:
- Delivery – You can have this mattress delivered right to your home. It comes compressed and boxed, so you will have to give it a couple of days to decompress after unpacking it.
- Firmness – This mattress is about a 6-6.5 on the firmness scale, making it ideal for anyone who prefers a medium-firm mattress.
- Shop Online – You can shop from the comfort of your own home and never have to set foot in a mattress store or deal with pushy sales people.
Next we are going to discuss the Tempurpedic mattresses. These are some of the better-known memory foam mattresses, and tend to be the ones that you see advertised most. It is a comfortable mattress that is made from quality materials, and will last for several years before you start to notice any sagging.
Teumpurpedic Mattress Features:
One of the reasons why these mattresses are so popular is because those who use them find that they sleep better than they ever have on other types of mattresses. The technology used in memory foam allows you to sleep in total comfort, and have your body supported in all areas, no matter what position you prefer to sleep in. Some features include:
- Hypo-Allergenic – Other types of mattresses can be a haven for dust, dust mites, and other allergens. This is not the case with a memory foam mattress. It is hypo-allergenic, and easy to clean with the wipe of a cloth.
- Support – One of the things that people like most about their Tempurpedic mattresses is that they are so supportive. The memory foam cradles your body, and gives you the support you need in all the right places.
- Comfort – This is one of the most comfortable mattresses you are ever going to own. The memory foam makes you feel like you are sleeping on a cloud.
- Durability – Some memory foam mattresses don’t have the life that a Tempurpedic mattress has. In fact, it will withstand four or more years of regular wear and tear before you begin to notice any sagging.
We’ve covered the features in detail, but next let’s take a little deeper dive into the benefits of owning a Tempurpedic Mattress.
Tempurpedic Mattress Pros:
- Motion Transfer – Memory foam mattresses don’t move (unless they are on wobbly bed frames), so if you move around in your sleep, or have to get in and out of bed, you are not going to disturb your partner.
- Available in Stores – You can go to mattress stores to look at various Tempurpedic mattress models, lay on them to try them out, etc. Many people do tend to prefer this to shopping for a new mattress online.
- Longevity – A traditional innerspring mattress usually lasts about seven or eight years before needing to be replaced. A Tempurpedic mattress will last for at least 10 years before you need to think about getting a new one.
We have talked about the good and bad things about both the Tuft and Needle and Tempurpedic mattresses. Dollar for dollar, it looks like the better deal may be the Tuft and Needle. Of course, the final decision will be based on a number of factors, including whether or not you want to buy your next mattress in a store or try shopping online. Both are high quality mattresses that will give you the support you need to sleep great and wake up pain-free.