Choosing a new mattress isn’t as easy as it used to be. At one time, you had a couple of styles to choose from, and you had to take what you could get. Today, there are so many mattress brands, styles, etc. that it can be difficult to know which one is going to give you the best sleep. Two of the most popular styles are innerspring and memory foam. Today, we will look at the innerspring mattress from Saatva, and the memory foam mattress from Tuft and Needle.
First we will look at the Saatva mattress. Here is an innerspring mattress that gives the term “innerspring mattress” a whole new meaning. This is different from other innerspring mattresses, because instead of one layer of springs, it has two layers. This gives you a lot more support, and because the springs conform to the shape of your body, you will sleep very comfortably.
The double coil layer is what makes this bed so comfortable and supportive. A queen size mattress has 1,300 individually wrapped coils on the top layer, and heavy gauge hourglass-shaped coils on the bottom layer. Other features include:
- Construction – In addition to the coils, there are also several layers of foam and other materials. You can choose from an 8-inch profile or a 4-inch low profile Waterfall Pedestal Foundation. A great option for side sleepers.
- Price – Compared to other innerspring mattresses, you won’t find a better mattress at a better price. It costs a lot less than big name products, but offers the same, if not better quality.
- Trial Period – No one can bring home a new mattress and know right away if it is the right mattress for them. They have to try it out for a couple of months. You can try this mattress risk-free for 120 nights. If you don’t like it, return it for a full refund.
- Support – The coils conform to the shape of your body and move with you. No matter what position you like to sleep in, you will have total support and comfort.
You are probably thinking that there is no way that any mattress could be so perfect. Well, you are right. Yes, the Saatva mattress is a great product, but there is one thing that a lot of people really don’t care for. Here are the pros and cons to consider before buying a Saatva mattress.
- Comfort – This is one of the most comfortable innerspring mattresses you will ever sleep on. It provides plenty of support to the pressure points, and you will sleep great and wake up feeling refreshed.
- Green Product – Saatva cares about the environment, and is part of the Sustainable Furnishings Council. Saatva mattresses are certified to be free of many chemicals, and are considered to be environmentally friendly.
- Price – Because you can’t get this mattress in stores, you are going to save a lot of money. There are no added fees that are charged by most stores. You just pay for a quality mattress and nothing more.
Tuft and Needle Mattress:
We hear so many good and bad things about memory foam mattresses that it can be hard to tell what to believe. When you come right down to it, the only way to know for sure what a memory foam mattress is really like is to sleep on one. Of course, not all memory foam mattresses are alike, and not all are made from high quality foam like this Tuft and Needle mattress.
This memory foam mattress is actually made from three layers of foam: a three-inch pressure-relieving foam top layer; a seven-inch high-density foam base; and the ticking is a rayon/poly blend. All in all, it is 10-inches thick, and will give you a comfortable night’s sleep. Features include:
- Support – This mattress has a rating of 6-6.5 on the firmness scale, which is the ideal level of support for most people.
- Comfort – The support level also ensures that you are going to have a very comfortable night’s sleep. Memory foam conforms to the shape of your body, so you will feel like you are wrapped in a pillow all night long.
- Price – Most memory foam mattresses can run you at least $1,500, and then some. You can get a queen size Tuft and Needle mattress for about $600. You get the same quality, if not better, but you pay a lot less.
- Free Trial – You can try the Tuft and Needle mattress for 100 nights. If you aren’t happy with it, you can return the mattress for a full refund.
When it comes to memory foam mattresses, people either really love them or they really hate them. Before you go out and spend money on this or any other memory foam mattress, take a look at the pros and cons.
- Online Shopping – You don’t have to leave your house to get a great deal on a quality mattress. Simply order online, and it will be delivered right to your door.
- Value – As mentioned, the price of the Tuft and Needle mattress is much lower than that of other memory foam mattresses, and the quality can’t be beaten.
- Quality – A Tuft and Needle mattress may not be a name that you see all the time, but it is an up and comer, and customers are noticing the quality behind this name.
Before buying any mattress, it is important to do your homework and learn about the various styles, and what makes them so popular. Look at your own needs, from support to comfort to sleeping hot to motion transfer, etc. Innerspring and memory foam mattresses are both comfortable and supportive, and with the Saatva and the Tuft and Needle mattresses, you know you are getting quality mattresses at reasonable prices.