Do you like sleeping on an innerspring mattress, or do you prefer the comforting softness of a memory foam mattress? Both off plenty of support and comfort, as long as you get a quality mattress, such as the Saatva innerspring mattress or a Tempurpedic memory foam mattress. Either choice is going to give you a quality sleep like you’ve never had before. Today we are going to take a look at the features of each, so you can make a better decision about your next mattress.
The Saatva mattress is an innerspring mattress with a bit of a twist. Most innerspring mattresses have a single layer of springs. The Saatva mattress has a dual layer for better support. Each of the springs on the top layer is individually wrapped, and when you lay down to sleep, it will give you support and relieve the pressure points.
One of the greatest features of the Saatva mattress is the price. Other innerspring mattresses can cost upwards of $2,000. A Saatva mattress costs hundreds of dollars less, but it is just as great in quality, perhaps even better. Some features include:
- Coils – The top coil layer has 1,300 individually wrapped coils (queen size mattress). The bottom level has hourglass-shaped coils made of heavy gauge bonnell coils.
- Layers – Enjoy foam and Visco comfort layers, along with a layer of foam/Dacron/fiber/natural thistle filling, and either an 8-inch profile or a 4-inch low profile Waterfall Pedestal Foundation layer.
- Support – This mattress conforms to the shape of your body. Each coil moves differently with your body, giving support at all of the pressure points.
- Trial – You can’t try this mattress out in any store. But, you can try it at home, risk-free, for 120 nights. If you don’t like it, you can return your Saatva mattress for a full refund.
Let’s look at the pros of the Saatva mattress in a little more detail. Bottom line is that there is there is very little to complain about while considering a Saatva mattress.
- Eco-Friendly – Saatvo is part of the Sustainable Furnishings Council. All Saatva mattresses are CertiPUR certified to not have a lot of VOC’s. They also don’t have any phthalates, heavy metals, and formaldehyde, making them very eco-friendly.
- Price – Because you can only get this mattress online, you are not going to pay the high prices associated with buying a mattress in stores. There are no fees, commissions, etc. You just pay the actual cost of the mattress, and save a lot of money.
- Online Shopping – You can’t go into a store and try this mattress out. You do have to buy it on good faith, and hope that it is going to suit your particular sleep needs. For most people, it does.
If you like to feel like you are sleeping on a cloud, a Tempurpedic memory foam mattress may be the best option for you. Memory foam is not just for mattress toppers anymore and this mattress completely conforms to the shape of your body, ensuring that all pressure points are properly supported, no matter what position you sleep in. You just have to be careful that you are getting a quality memory foam mattress like Tempurpedic, and not a cheap knockoff.
The various foam layers in a memory foam bed are designed to give you total support, and let you sleep comfortably all night long. Yes, Tempurpedic mattresses are more expensive, but there are some pretty compelling reasons as to why. Some features include:
- Value – As we mentioned, a Tempurpedic mattress is costly. But, you get a lot of value for your money. Most traditional spring or coil mattresses will need to be replaced after seven or eight years. A Tempurpedic mattress will still be going strong long after that time.
- Comfort – Most people who sleep on Tempurpedic mattresses find that they have less back and leg pain than they had when sleeping on other types of mattresses. This equals better sleep, which means you will wake up feeling refreshed and ready to face the day.
- Warranty – Tempurpedic mattresses come with a 10-year, full-replacement warranty. This warranty will cover any manufacturer defects (which is an unlikely problem anyway).
- Hypo-Allergenic – A memory foam mattress is ideal for anyone who suffers from allergies, asthma, and other breathing problems. It is hypo-allergenic, and resistant to dust and dust mites.
While memory foam is a wonderful material for mattresses and pillows, it is not always the ideal mattress material for some people. If you’ve decided that a memory foam mattress is the right type of mattress for you, let’s take a look at some of the benefits that a Tempurpedic mattress will give you.
- Durability – Most Tempurpedic mattress users report that even after a few years of use, there is no sagging. This is something that is common with innerspring and coil mattresses.
- Motion Isolation – When you move around, the mattress isn’t going to move with you. So, you won’t disturb your partner if you toss and turn at night.
- Sleep Better – Because a memory foam mattress will contour to the shape of your body, you can expect to have total support. This is going to make you comfortable, and you will sleep better at night.
No two mattresses are completely alike, and the Saatva mattress and Tempurpedic mattresses couldn’t be more different. But, one thing that they both have in common is that they are high quality mattresses that provide users with plenty of support. No matter which of these mattresses you decide to buy, you are going to be making a decision that your body will thank you for because of the comfort and support.