When you are looking for a new mattress, you are looking for specific criteria: support, comfort, and price. Of course, there are other things to look for as well, but these seem to be the main things that people think about when shopping for mattresses. There are many mattresses that meet these criteria, and then some.
Two of these mattresses are the Saatva and the Sleep Number. Both are loaded with great features that make them extremely comfortable. But, one has a feature that the other does not.
Saatva is a relatively newer mattress manufacturer, and one that is quite different from most of the rest. This is an eco-friendly company that guarantees all mattresses are CertiPUR certified to be low in VOC’s. There are also no PBDE flame retardants, phthalates, heavy metals, or formaldehyde. Saatva is part of the Sustainable Furnishings Council.
Saatva Mattress Features:
The Saatva mattress is an innerspring mattress with a twist. While most innerspring mattresses have a single layer of coils, this one has two layers. The bottom layer is made up of hourglass-shaped coils made from heavy gauge metal. The top layer is made of individually wrapped coils that conform to the shape of your body. Features include:
- Thickness – This mattress is made with two foam layers, as well as foam/Dacron/fiber/natural thistle quilt filling. There is an 8-inch profile or a 4-inch low profile Waterfall Pedestal Foundation layer, as well as foam and Visco layers.
- Support – The coils move with you, and conform to your body’s shape. This means that your body is going to be perfectly supported all night long, no matter what position you prefer to sleep in.
- Price – Some innerspring mattresses can cost $2,000 or more. The Saatva mattress costs hundreds less, because it is only available online.
- Trial Period – You get to try this mattress out in your home, risk-free, for 120 nights. If you aren’t completely satisfied during this time, you can return it for a full refund.
We’ve looked at the many great features of the Saatva Mattress Brand, so now let’s look at some of the benefits of owning a Saatva.
Saatva Mattress Pros:
- Support/Comfort – The Saatva mattress is one that provides you with total support and comfort. It conforms to your body shape, so it supports you fully from head to toe.
- Price – At $1,300, this mattress is a lot less expensive than other comparable mattresses that can start at $2,000.
- Eco-Friendly – Not all mattress manufacturers can make the same claims about their mattresses being free of harmful chemicals, but Saatva can.
Sleep Number Mattresses:
Now we are going to discuss a totally different type of mattress, but one that is just as popular as the traditional innerspring mattress. The Sleep Number bed can be adjusted to give you the ultimate level of comfort, just for you. And, your partner can do the same thing on their side. This is not something you can do with an innerspring mattress.
Sleep Number Features:
How would you like to feel like you are sleeping on air? That is how you will feel while sleeping on a Sleep Number mattress. Instead of springs or memory foam, the Sleep Number mattresses are made with air chambers that can be adjusted for various firmness levels. Features include:
- Air Chambers – The unique feature of the Sleep Number mattress is the inner air chambers. These can be adjusted for perfect levels of support on both sides of the bed.
- Adaptability – These mattresses can be used with any bed frame, so you don’t have to worry about having to buy a special frame and spending even more money.
- Quality Materials – Sleep Number mattresses are made with a variety of layers of materials that include fabric, foam, and other fire-resistant materials. It is made in sections, with the sides sewn on separately to allow for installation of the air chambers.
- Warranty – Most mattresses come with a 10-15 year warranty. The Sleep Number mattress has a 25-year warranty. This pretty much tells you that this is a mattress that is built to last.
We’ve walked through the many practical features that Sleep Number offers, let’s now take a look at some of the benefits.
Sleep Number Mattress Pros:
- Heat – A lot of mattresses trap heat, and you end up sleeping too hot all night. Because the Sleep Number mattress is filled with air, too much heat is not a concern to lose any sleep over.
- Comfort – Other mattresses have the same level of support all over. Both sides of the Sleep Number mattress can be adjusted, so both you and your partner can enjoy your own perfect comfort and firmness levels.
- Available Upgrades – As comfortable as this mattress is, you can make it even more comfortable with a heating pad for beneath the mattress and another pad for the top that is waterproof. Both add extra softness and comfort, and make the mattress warmer on cold nights.
Buying a new mattress is not a decision to be made lightly. There are many things to consider, including the type of mattress you prefer. If you like a traditional mattress, innerspring coils are likely your best option, and you will love the Saatva mattress. On the other hand, if you want to try something different that offers loads of support, a Sleep Number is a great option. Either way, you will be getting a great mattress that you will love sleeping on.