When it comes to mattresses, we all have our preferences, from styles to sizes to brands. One brand, Leesa, has been standing out above the rest for several years. But, there is another that is rounding the corner and trying to break ahead, and it seems to be doing a pretty good job.
The Purple brand is beginning to grow in popularity, and it may just surpass the Leesa. Let’s take a look at the two and see how they compare.
Leesa Mattress: A Deeper Look
The Leesa is a 10” mattress that is made with three layers of foam, with Avena foam as the top layer. This form is much like latex, but it is more durable and tends to have a longer life. It also helps to keep you cool and comfortable.
Leesa Mattress Features:
The top layer, combined with a memory foam core, help to make this mattress durable and long-lasting. It also ensures a comfortable night’s sleep, because it is not only comfortable, it gives you plenty of support. Features include:
- Top Layer – Two inches of Avena foam
- Middle Layer – Two inches of memory foam
- Bottom Layer – six inches of support foam
The cover is made from a Lycra/polyester blend that is durable and flexible, and helps to keep you cool at night. It is made from a single piece of fabric, and offers a nice, tight fit. It is grey with a white stripe pattern at the bottom end. Other features include:
- Support – On the firmness scale, the Leesa mattress rates a six out of 10, and has a medium firmness.
- Price – If you are looking for a queen size mattress, you can get a Leesa for around $950. Other mattresses are only priced this low when they are on sale. This is the Leesa regular price.
- Trial – You don’t have to worry about spending a lot of money on a mattress and then end up not liking it. When you buy the Leesa, you can try it risk-free for 100 nights. If you do not like it, you can get a full refund.
Leesa is a top quality brand that’s well known and has been around for a while. When you buy a Leesa brand, you know exactly what you are going to get. Let’s look at some of the pros of owning a Leesa Mattress now that we’ve reviewed the features.
Leesa Mattress Pros:
- Durability – The top layer is durable Avena foam, with a core layer of memory foam and a base of durable support foam. This mattress is made to last.
- Warranty – The Leesa mattress comes with a 10-year warranty that guarantees it to be free of any manufacturer defects.
- Donations – For every mattress sold, the Leesa 1-10 program gives one mattress to someone in need.
Purple Mattress: Breaking Down Specifics
Now let’s talk about the Purple mattress. This 9.5” thick mattress is a combination of polymer and foam for total comfort and support. The durable foams used ensure that this is a mattress that is going to give you complete support for many years to come.
Purple Mattress Features:
The Purple mattress has a cover that is made from a viscose/polyester/polyester-lycra blend. The cover is thin and breathable, so there is plenty of air flow around the mattress. This mattress is white, with a diamond pattern, and is very attractive. Features include:
- Top Layer – Two inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- Middle Layer – Three and a half inches of polyurethane foam
- Bottom Layer – four inches of polyurethane foam
On a scale of 1-10, this mattress rates a 6-6.5 in firmness, much like the Leesa. This number tends to represent a “universal comfort” level that most people can enjoy. The polymer top layer is almost bouncy, giving you a firm yet comfortable mattress, without a lot of sinking. Other features include:
- Elasticity – This mattress has been designed to give sleepers a hugging contour, so certain parts of the body can have more pressure relief than others.
- Airflow – This is one of the coolest mattresses you are ever going to sleep on. It will even keep you cool on hot summer nights.
- Response – This mattress almost instantly adjusts to your body when you lay down, giving you total comfort and support.
- Firmness – You get a medium-firm feel with the Purple mattress, which is preferred by most people.
Overall the Purple Mattress brand has some unique products and has done a great job of appealing to their audience through some interesting advertising methods. Let’s take a look at some of the pros now that we’ve covered the Purple Mattress Features.
Purple Mattress Pros:
- Warranty – When you buy the Purple mattress, it is backed by a 10-year warranty against any manufacturer defects.
- Price – A queen size mattress will cost approximately $1,000, making this mattress affordable, and comparable with the Leesa.
- Trial – You can try the Purple mattress risk-free for 100 nights. If you don’t like it, you can get a full refund. We’re pretty sure you are going to love it though.
So, now you know more about the Leesa and Purple mattresses. Have you decided which one you would rather have? Both are quality mattresses that provide loads of comfort and support. They are durable and long-lasting, and are made with a universal comfort, medium firmness. They are also both comparable in price.
If you are wondering if the lesser-known Purple can compete with the Leesa, the answer is a resounding yes. They both have similar features and qualities, and either one would be an ideal choice for any and all of the beds in your home. If you are in the market for a new mattress, don’t forget to consider both the Leesa and the Purple.