If it is time for you to start looking for a new mattress, and you are tired of traditional innerspring mattresses, you may want to consider memory foam. Users find that there are several benefits to using this type of mattress, and that they are extremely comfortable. But, with so many brands to choose from, it can be difficult to know which one is going to be best for you.
You need to do your research, and learn what each brand has to offer. Let’s start with the Leesa and Ghostbed mattresses.
The first mattress we are going to discuss is the Leesa mattress. This is the next generation of memory foam mattresses, and it has features not found in mattresses from other brands. For instance, many people complain that memory foam sleeps hot. This mattress has a top layer of Avena foam, which is actually cooling.
Leesa Mattress Features:
This 10-inch thick mattress is made up three separate layers of foam that when combined give you total support, and loads of comfort. Like all memory foam mattresses, the Leesa will cradle your body, and give support at all of the pressure points. Other features include:
- Comfort/Support – The Leesa mattress rates a 6/10 on the firmness scale. This means that it is a medium firmness, which is considered to be a universally preferred comfort level.
- Durability – Lower quality mattresses will begin to sag after a year or two, and sometimes within just a few months. This mattress is very durable, and you shouldn’t notice any sagging for at least three or four years. It will easily handle normal wear and tear.
- Heat – As mentioned, the Leesa has a top layer made of cooling Avena foam. It doesn’t retain body heat, so you aren’t going to sleep too hot.
- Warranty – Leesa stands behind its mattresses, and offers a 10-year warranty against any manufacturer defects.
All products, no matter how great they are, have some minor faults. The Leesa mattress is no different. You need to know everything about a mattress before buying it. So, here are the pros and cons you need to consider about this mattress.
Leesa Mattress Pros:
- Adaptability – This mattress can be used on any existing bed frame. You don’t have to spend any extra money on anything special.
- Price – Memory foam mattresses from well-known brand names can cost upwards of $3,000. The Leesa mattress costs just $1,000 for a queen size, and it is of the same if not a higher quality.
- Trial Period – You get to try the Leesa mattress for 100 nights, completely risk-free. This will give you over three months to see if this is the right mattress for you. If it isn’t, simply return it for a full refund.
Now we come to the Ghostbed mattress. It is 10-inches thick, and like the Leesa, it is made from a combination of foams to give you a great night’s sleep. Also like the Leesa, it has properties that help to keep you nice and cool while you are sleeping.
Ghostbed Mattress Features:
There are three layers of foams in the Ghostbed mattress: a 7.5 inch bass layer of high density support foam; a middle layer consisting of two inches of gel memory foam; and a top layer of 1.5 inches of aerated latex foam. Other features include:
- Cover – The cover is crafted from polyester, which makes it comfortable and stretchy. Its thinness helps to improve airflow to help keep you cool.
- Cooling – The top latex layer is designed to keep you cool. Other memory foam mattresses do not have this type of technology, and tend to sleep way too hot.
- Support – The combination of three different foams gives you much more support than a mattress that is made from just memory foam.
- Trial Period – For the first 101 nights, you will be sleeping on your Ghostbed mattress risk-free. If after this time you aren’t completely satisfied, you can return it for a full refund.
There are plenty of great things to be said about the Ghostbed mattress, but there are also negatives you need to think about before making a purchase. After all, if you are going to spend around $1,000 on a mattress, you want to know you are getting something good. Here are the pros and cons you need to consider.
Ghostbed Mattress Pros:
- Motion Transfer – Memory foam absorbs movement, so there is no motion transfer when someone moves around or gets in and out of bed. This is great for couples, because neither one is going to disturb the other.
- Warranty – You don’t have to worry about there being any construction issues with your new mattress. There is a 10-year warranty protecting against all manufacturer defects.
- Foundation – You have options with the Ghostbed mattress. You can use it on any existing bed frame, so you don’t have to spend extra money on a bed. Or, you can get the special foundation that is made to go with this particular mattress to give even better support and more comfort.
Both the Leesa and the Ghostbed mattresses have loads of features that make them comparable to other mattresses from popular, well-known brand names. But, they are a lot less expensive. When comparing these mattresses to one another, they are pretty much even. They both offer support and comfort, as well as cooling properties. No matter which of these great mattresses you choose, you are sure to be sleeping more comfortable than you have in many years.