When it comes to certain things, you really do get what you pay for. One thing that you should never skimp on is your mattress. Everyone needs to have a great mattress in their life. Not only will a bad one keep you from sleeping well at night, you will probably also wake up stiff and sore every morning.
Today, we are going to talk about two of our favorite mattresses: Leesa and Bed in a Box, and find out how they compare.
Leesa Mattress Basics:
First, let’s talk about the Leesa mattress. This is a 10” thick mattress that is constructed with three layers of foam. The top layer is made out of sturdy Avena foam, which is a lot like latex. The difference between Avena foam and Latex is that it is a lot more durable and will last a lot longer.
One of the things that we look for in a mattress is durability. The Leesa doesn’t disappoint. The top layer is durable Avena foam, while the middle layer is made of memory foam. Not only does this combination offer durability, it also provides you with total comfort. Specs include:
- Top Layer – Two inches of Avena foam
- Middle Layer – Two inches of memory foam
- Bottom Layer – six inches of support foam
One of the great things about the Leesa is the trial period. You can’t just get a mattress and know right away if it works for you. You need to use it for a few weeks. That is why Leesa will let you sleep on this mattress for 100 nights risk-free. If you don’t like it, you can return it for a full refund. Other features include:
- Full Support – This mattress rates a 6/10 on the firmness scale, making it a medium firmness mattress.
- Avena Foam – Not only does the Avena foam offer comfort and support, it also helps to keep you cool at night.
- Warranty – This mattress comes with a 10-year warranty against any manufacturer defects.
- Heat – You won’t sweat to death at night while sleeping on this mattress, because it has properties that help keep you nice and cool all night long.
Leesa is a great mattress for the price, especially for a manufacturer that specially sells online only. Overall Leesa has a strong reputation and you can’t go wrong with one of their mattresses. Since we’ve looked over features, next let’s look at the benefits.
- Firmness – When it comes to firmness and support, the Leesa rates about a 6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale.
- Give Back Program – For every 10 mattresses sold, Leesa donates one to a person in need.
- Price – At just under $1,000, this is a very inexpensive mattress when compared to similar models from other brands.
Next we are going to discuss the Bed-in-a-Box mattress. This mattress is known for having a decent lifespan, and customers tend to give it a good rating. This mattress is made in the USA, and priced between $650 and $2,200.
There are actually five different models available, including innerspring and memory foam. The lifespan of this mattress is approximately six to seven years, which is comparable with other, more expensive mattresses. Specs include:
- Specs – The specs will vary depending on the model you choose. There are various models to choose from, including spring and memory foam.
Bed-in-a-Box mattresses offer a fair amount of support for the majority of users. For the best support, the Adagio model is spring-based, and is probably your best option. These mattresses are easy to move around on, and are not too soft so you don’t sink in. Other features include:
- Less Back Pain – Users report having less back pain when they sleep on this mattress, especially the memory foam model.
- Warranty – There is a 20-year warranty, with the first 10 years being non-prorated. There is a 50% refund after 10 years, and this charge increases by 5% for each subsequent year.
- Motion – There is plenty of motion isolation with these mattresses, so when another person moves in the bed, you aren’t going to be disturbed.
- Coolness – Unlike other, similarly priced mattresses, you won’t end up sweating in your sleep, because these mattresses help to keep your body heat at just the right level.
- Firmness – These mattresses offer just the right amount of firmness. You aren’t going to feel like you are laying stiff, but at the same time, you aren’t going to sink in and wake up with aches and pains.
Now that we’ve looked at the features in depth, let’s take a look at some of the pros of the Bed-in-a-box.
Pros of the Bed-in-a-box:
- Quiet – The memory foam beds are completely quiet. Even the spring model is a lot quieter than other similar mattresses.
- Comfort – These mattresses are so comfortable that there is absolutely no need to bother using a separate mattress topper.
So, now that you have read about these two mattress brands, have you made up your mind as to which one is the better investment for you? Both brands offer similar qualities, although the cooling qualities in the Leesa seem to stand out more than those from the Bed-in-a-Box models.
On the other hand, the spring-model from Bed-in-a-Box may offer more support than a foam mattress. In the end, the decision will all come down to your personal preference. Budget isn’t a consideration, because these mattresses are similarly priced at around $1,000 for a queen size model.