When you are looking for a new mattress, you could go to one of the big name brands. Or, you could give one of the many great start-ups a chance. For instance, both Ghostbed and Tuft and Needle make great mattresses that are comparable to the big name brands, but a lot less expensive – specifically if you can find them on sale.
Let’s take a look at both mattresses and see how they compare to one another.
The Ghostbed mattress is 10 inches thick, and made from three different types of foam. This is a comfortable mattress that is going to help you sleep great and wake up feeling rested and ready to face any day.
Ghostbed Mattress Features:
If you are looking for a medium-firm support mattress (6.5 on the firmness scale) that is budget-friendly, this is an excellent option to consider. Most people prefer this firmness, which is why it is known as universal comfort. Specs include:
- Top Layer – One and a half inches of aerated latex foam
- Middle Layer – Two inches of gel memory foam
- Bottom Layer – Seven and a half inches of high density support foam
The top layer of this mattress is latex. Unlike memory foam, which actually retains heat and can cause sweating, this is going to help you to stay nice and cool. The soft and stretchy cover, made from 100% polyester, is designed to help increase air flow to keep you cool at night. Other features include:
- Foam Combination – The three different types of foam work together to give you just the right amount of support and comfort all night long.
- Motion Transfer – Unless you have a wobbly bed frame, this mattress is not going to move and disturb another sleeper when someone gets in or out of the bed.
- Cooling – Between the thin cover and the top latex layer, this mattress will help to keep you from sweating in your sleep.
- Trial Period – You get to try this bed out for 101 nights, absolutely risk-free. If you aren’t completely satisfied, you can send it back for a full refund.
Yes, there are loads of great things to be said about the Ghostbed mattress. We’ve already talked through the benefits, but let’s look at the pros next.
Ghostbed Mattress Pros:
- Warranty – Along with the 101 day trial period, this mattress also has a 10-year warranty against manufacturer defects.
- Foundation – Many comparable mattresses do not have any type of foundation. There is an optional foundation available to go with the Ghostbed mattress, making it even more supportive regardless of the position you sleep in.
- Value – With comparable mattresses from bigger name brands selling for upwards of $2,000, this is a great value at just under $1,000.
- Appearance – This is not an ugly mattress. The modern styling will look great in any bedroom, and the mattress will fit onto any bed frame.
Tuft and Needle Mattresses:
If you are looking for a new foam mattress, but you really don’t want to pay the expensive prices the stores are charging, it’s time to start looking at the smaller names. A great example is the Tuft and Needle mattress.
T&N Mattress Features:
This mattress is a lot less expensive than foam mattresses found in most stores. It is 10 inches thick, and made from a combination of quality materials. It is also made right in the USA. This no-frills, simple mattress is just what you need to sleep well every night. Specs include:
- Top Layer – Three inches of pressure-relieving foam
- Bottom Layer – Seven inches of high density support foam
- Surface (Ticking) – Synthetic rayon/poly blend
The top layer of this mattress is made with a formulation that combines a variety of foams. It is not exactly memory foam or latex, but it has many of the properties of these foam and feels a lot like memory foam. Other features include:
- Delivery – You don’t have to drag a huge mattress home. This is delivered right to your door, compressed so it fits nicely in a box.
- Free Trial – You can try this mattress out for a risk-free trial period. If you don’t like it, you can return it for a full refund.
- Price – At around $600 for a queen size mattress, you will be hard pressed to find a better deal in any store.
- Support – This mattress rates about a 6-6.5 on the firmness scale, which is considered to be a universal comfort level.
T&N Mattress Pros:
T&N has a lot of pros in comparison to many brands out there. We’ve covered the product features, but let’s look at the pros in a little more detail.
- Firmness – This is a great mattress for anyone who prefers one that is a bit on the firmer side. It offers just the right amount of support.
- Shop Online – You don’t have to bother going to stores to shop for a mattress. Order this one online, and have it delivered right to your door with no hassles or pushy sales people.
- Value – This quality mattress is inexpensive, and will last for at least four to five years. It is ideal for college students.
Both of these mattresses are great options, although there are some differences to consider. If you are on a tight budget, the Tuft and Needle mattress may be your better option. On the other hand, if you want something that is going to last a bit longer and has an optional base, the Ghostbed may be the best mattress for you. Take some time to look at all of the specs and features before you make your final decision, to ensure that you get the right mattress for you.