These days, there are very few things you can’t buy online. This includes mattresses. But, just how easy is it to buy a mattress online? After all, it’s not like you can go into a store and try it out in person. You just have to hope that you are getting a decent mattress. Well, today we are going to talk about two online mattress companies that let you try their products out risk-free to make sure that they are perfect for you. Let’s look at the Saatva mattress and the Loom and Leaf mattress.
If you prefer an innerspring mattress, the Saatva mattress may be just what you are looking for. This type of mattress offers loads of support and comfort, and Saatva is no different. In fact, compared to other innerspring mattresses, you are going to spend hundreds of dollars less, but you are still going to get the same quality, if not better.
One of the first things you will notice when you buy a Saatva mattress is the quality construction. These mattresses have two levels of coils, compared to the single level that most other innerspring mattresses have. The top level has individually wrapped coil springs, and the bottom has strong, hourglass-shaped bonnell coils. A queen size mattress has a total of 1,300 coils in both levels. Other features include:
- Layers – You can choose from an 8-inch profile or a 4-inch low profile Waterfall Pedestal Foundation layer. There are foam and Visco comfort layers, foam/Dacron/fiber/natural thistle quilt filling, and the cover is made from organic cotton.
- Comfort – Because each coil is individually wrapped, this mattress conforms to the shape of your body, providing total comfort and support no matter what your preferred sleeping position is, or even if you tend to move around a lot.
- Price – Compared with other similar innerspring mattresses, the Saatva mattress is a bargain. You will spend hundreds less on one of these mattresses, because there are no additional fees that come with buying in stores.
- Trial Period – There is a risk-free 120-day trial period. So, you can try out a Saatva mattress for approximately four months. This should be plenty of time to decide if it is right for you. If it isn’t, simply return it for a full refund.
Okay, so the Saatva mattress seems to be one of the better options out there. While some people may be leery of buying a mattress online, Saatva does the best it can to take the guesswork and worry out of it with their guarantees. Let’s take a look at some of the things that make Saatva great.
- Eco-Friendly – These mattresses are CertiPUR certified to be low in VOC’s. They are not made with PBDE flame retardants, and do not contain phthalates, formaldehyde, and heavy metals. Saatva is a member of the Sustainable Furnishings Council.
- Price – This mattress costs about $1,300. A comparable mattress in a store would cost a minimum of $2,000, making the Saatva a great bargain.
- Support – Because the coils conform to your body shape, there is relief for all of the pressure points. You get just the right amount of support, exactly where you need it.
Loom and Leaf:
Loom and Leaf is actually under the same company umbrella as Saatva, so you know you are getting a quality product. This mattress can easily compete with any memory foam mattress available on the market today, but it is a lot less expensive than those from most major brands. This high-end mattress is only sold online, so you don’t have to pay a lot of additional fees charged by stores.
Because this mattress is made with memory foam, it is super-comfortable. It also doesn’t sleep too hot like other memory foam mattresses. The Loom and Leaf mattress is made with special features that help you to sleep nice and cool. Other features include:
- Foam Density – Some memory foam mattresses have higher foam densities than others. For a lower density, firmer mattress, the Loom and Leaf is a great choice. It is comparable to the popular Tempurpedic mattresses, and it is much lower in price.
- Cover – The cover is made with quilted, organic cotton. It is so soft you will want to use your Loom and Leaf mattress without a sheet (not recommended).
- Price – You can order a Loom and Leaf queen size mattress online for just under $1,000. A similar mattress from Tempurpedic will cost well over $3,000.
- No Off-Gassing – Most memory foam mattresses have a chemical odor when you first take them out of their boxes, caused by compression. This mattress is not compressed, and no bio-based foams are used in the construction, so there are no odors.
The Loom and Leaf mattress is comparable to the most popular memory foam mattresses on the market, which ensures you’ll get a competitive and quality mattress. Let’s look at the benefits a little deeper to help your buying decision.
- Stability – This is a stable mattress that is comfortable and supportive. Unlike other memory foam mattresses, you won’t sink down. This is a medium-firm support mattress that will offer support in all the right places.
- Free Trial – Try this mattress risk-free for 75 nights. If you aren’t completely satisfied, return it for a full refund.
- Value – Just think of how much money you can save when you buy a Loom and Leaf mattress. You get all the benefits of memory foam, but you don’t have to spend a fortune to get it.
Whether you are looking for a great innerspring mattress or one made of memory foam, both the Saatva and the Loom and Leaf mattresses are excellent options. They are both priced much lower than mattresses from the bigger name brands, while having the same or even better quality. You can’t go wrong with either of these mattresses.